Welcome back! I hope you all had an amazing weekend and did tons of fun things 🙂
I’m extremely excited for today’s post as I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by one of my favourite people here…the amazing Joanna from www.poresforthought.com!
Before I get on to the actual post, I’d like to extend a BIG ‘Thank you’ to Joanna for nominating me and for all those who don’t know who she is, go right away and check her blog as it’s one of the best I’ve come across 🙂
This is my first time ever getting nominated for this award and I feel it will be a fantastic way to get to know more bloggers out there and also a great way to share more of myself with my readers…quite a win-win there, isn’t it! So let’s jump right in…
To begin with here are the Rules…
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs which you think are deserving of the award
- Let the bloggers know you have nominated them
- Give them 11 questions to answer
Coming on to the Questions now…
1. What is your favourite movie?
I feel so silly answering this question and for good reason because the one movie that I have watched over a 100 times and can watch yet again is Baby’s Day Out! HAHA! I know, crazy right….but I’m so in love with the kid and the way it makes me crack up till date that it has to be the one I mention here.
2. What is your most prized possession?
The one thing that I’ve had for ages and cannot imagine to part with is my 1st ever beauty purchase…a Mac eyeliner brush that I bought long ago and use till date to fill in my brows ;P
On a more sentimental (non- beauty related) note, I’d say my most loved and cherished possession would have to be my wedding ring…. the most beautiful & priceless thing in this world to me 🙂
3. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
This is a question I din’t really have to think much about….because if I could choose someone I could meet, dead or alive, it would definitely be my Grandparents. I wasn’t fortunate enough to meet either of my grandparents (on my mum’s or my dad’s side) as they passed away before I was born, but given a chance they would be the ones I’d like to meet and get to know.
4. What is your guiltiest pleasure?
I’ll have to say I have a few too many! I can indulge in buying handbags like there’s no tomorrow…and that’s the one thing my husband despairs!
Another huge one would be beauty shopping, especially makeup brushes…i’m a serious makeup brush hoarder and my last purchase has been my guiltiest pleasure…my Sigma Beauty Extravaganza Copper Complete Kit!
5. Describe yourself in 3 words
I’m not sure if I’m the right candidate to do this, but if I must, I’d say I’m loyal & someone who values relationships more than anything in this world, loving and last but not the least- a cleanliness freak!
6. What is your favourite season of the year?
My favourite season, without doubt, would have to be the winter. I love everything about it…wearing my favourite pair of boots, my adorable and super comfy jumpers, coats and not to forget sipping on endless cups of coffee and tea. Its been a lil over 2 years that I moved to Mumbai, where sad as it is, we do not have any winters…so thats even more reason I’d say WINTER! ❤
7. How did you name your blog?
I knew that I wanted my blog to be about Health as well as Beauty and while me and my friends brainstormed for days I din’t quite come across a name that was “IT”…something that was apt and perfect….until one of my closest friends (who btw is crazya** creative and funny) came up with beautyandthebeing and I knew this was it! If you’re reading V…thank you so much!!! ❤
8. What is your dream career?
I have these two ideas that are so different from one another that it seems weird even to me. Ever since I was little, I’ve been a dog person and have dreamed of one day opening a dog shelter and living happily ever after with my zillion adopted pooches and my hubby.
On the other hand, and as of now, I so wish I could have my own clothing line.
9. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
To be more disciplined!!! I’m the most laid-back, casual, go-with-the-flow kind of person….it bothers me sometimes!
10. If you were stuck on a deserted island and could only have 3 items with you, what would it be?
Ummm… well the 1st would have to be a swiss knife, the 2nd tons of sunscreen and the 3rd would be a GIANT tub of lip butter…if I could replace a ‘thing’ and pick a ‘person’ instead, i’d definitely go for my hubby! Teehee!
11. What is your dream destination to visit?
My top three picks and places I’d love to go visit would have to be Wroclaw, Russia and New Zealand.
Now coming on to the fun (and in some cases embarrassing!) part…
11 Random Facts about Me:
1. When I was little, I was so in love with a particular brand of potato chips called ‘Ruffle Lays’ that I named my dog after it!
2. The greatest love of my life is my 16 year old pooch…who like I said, is named Ruffle ;P
3. The first book that I ever read was ‘Bridges of Madison County’.
4. I have an older sister who happens to also be my Best-est friend and my partner in crime…one without who life would be incomplete.
5. I’m told I was the wicked-est kid there ever could be….I once sharpened a pencil and poked a man (I din’t quite like) in the bum!
6. The first thing I notice about people when I meet them is their hands and feet…weird i know …but I feel like it says a lot about the person.
7. The BEST part of my day is when my darling hubby comes home and we hug each other at the door and do a ‘happy dance’!
8. My favorite people to follow on YouTube at the moment are Teni Panosian, Amelia Liana, Tanya Burr and Jaclyn Hill. Each one of them has their own distinctive style and personality and I absolutely love and adore them…their videos give me life!
9. I am petrified of Lizards…beyond belief.
10. I can live on coffee and cupcakes!
11. Last but not the least, my current must-do beauty thing is mascara and filling-in my brows…I cannot step out without either.
Here are my nominees!
Judy Anne from http://judyandmakeup.com
Brianna Fee from https://crueltyfreemeblog.wordpress.com
Maneera Saxena from http://woodenitbeamazing.com
Vanessa from https://sayhellotogorgeous.wordpress.com
sitanjalii from https://allthingsbeautyyxo.wordpress.com
Brittni Pope from http://brittnipope.com
Paige from http://paigehelen.wordpress.com
Christina from https://acasualbeauty.wordpress.com
Megan from http://megansbeautyblog.com
Here are the questions I’d like you guys to answer 🙂
1. What’s your current favourite beauty purchase/product?
2. What’s top of your bucket list of things to do or see?
3. What are the beauty tips you swear by?
4. What are the three things you never leave the house without?
5. What motivated you to start your blog and how long have you been blogging?
6. Favorite high street store?
7. Who would be your dream date?
8. Who inspires you?
9. Funniest memory ever?
10. If you have a really bad day, what’s the one thing that can brighten it up?
11. Three beauty products you couldn’t live without?
Hope you all had a great time reading, thank you so much! And for all of those who do participate, I hope you have a fantastic time sharing your experiences with us and that you extend the love forward by nominating 11 more beautiful bloggers!
Love you all…until we meet next! XOXO