The first thing that I need after I wake up every morning is a cup of tea in bed. If you too love drinking tea, then I suggest you must try having a cup of chamomile tea. Easy to make, infuse 4-5 flower heads of Matricaria recutita (German chamomile) in warm water and allow the tea to sit for five minutes before straining it.
People have been drinking Chamomile tea for decades now and it’s used mostly as a drink that heals. It is believed that more than 1 million chamomile tea cups are consumed every day around the world, so I’m sure there’s more to it than just flavor. Let’s see why this particular tea is so popular.
Chamomile tea is most famous for helping one relax and aiding in sleep. Chamomile tea relaxes a person & soothes the nerves, therefore it should ideally be taken before going to bed and you will have restful sleep.
Soothes the stomach
Chamomile’s extremely helpful when you’re suffering from various stomach problems. The tea soothes aches & pains in the stomach, eases symptoms of problematic bowel syndrome; it promotes elimination, as well as assists in digestion. Often you will see that it is mixed with peppermint in teas to help with digestion.
It is believed that in ancient Egypt, people made use of chamomile tea to soothe the menstrual cramps. Today science is proving the same. There have been studies that claim that consuming chamomile tea raises glycine urine levels that helps calm muscle spasms. This is how this tea helps in relieving menstrual cramps. I swear by this natural remedy! Give it a try to see what I’m talking about.
It is believed that Chamomile has got immune boosting property & therefore helps fight colds because it holds antibacterial properties.
Helps in healing wounds
Romans, Greeks & Egyptians used flowers of chamomile to heal wounds. Also, it is said that Chamomile tea is very helpful in managing diabetes. There was a study that stated if one consumes chamomile tea every day it will prevent progression of hyperglycemia as well as diabetic complications.
I’ve suffered from migraines ever since I can remember and it throws everything out of balance. If you too suffer from terrible migraine attacks, trying out this natural remedy will be worth it. Simply brew some chamomile tea and see its magic unfold, as it instantly relieves migraine symptoms. A cup will help relieve nausea, light sensitivity, throbbing ache in your head and blurred vision.
Younger looking skin
Having a cup or two of chamomile tea will reflect on your skin as you see lesser acne flare-ups, skin lightening and reduced dark circles. Chamomile is an anti-inflammatory, great for people who are beauty conscious and like trying home remedies.
- For burns, use a bandage soaked in cool chamomile tea.
- If you have very dry skin, add some chamomile tea or oil in your bathing water (hot) to soothe the dry skin.
- If you have very sensitive skin, you can use powdered milk & chamomile tea as a paste for exfoliation.
- Cool chamomile tea treats conjunctivitis.
- Chamomile’s got anti-fungal properties; therefore chamomile tea helps in treating fungal infections. Dip a ball of cotton in tea & apply to the affected area.
- 8 Reasons why you should drink Chamomile Tea (fourhappydays.wordpress.com)
- Chamomile cancer cure (douglassreport.com)
- Dr. Susan’s Daily Health Tip: Chamomile for Health (drsusansolutions.wordpress.com)
- Chamomile – benefits for skin (skincaremag.wordpress.com)
- Chamomile Tea for smooth skin (instylefashionone.com)