During pregnancy, pregnancy pillows are great in facilitating comfortable sleep. A pregnancy pillow is simply a long pillow, almost the same length as your body and can sometimes be curved at the ends. A pregnancy pillow can be used in a lot of positions to help you support your body while you sleep. This will help to relieve some common pregnancy ailments like back pain and leg cramps.
It doesn’t matter if you are in the early or the latter stages of your pregnancy, pregnancy pillows are beneficial for your health, comfort, rest and is also a vital prenatal accessory. Professionals in health care have recommended that pregnant women should sleep on their left sides with their knees bent a little. This posture helps to increase the oxygen flow to the baby. The problem is that many pregnant women feel uncomfortable to sleep this way when pregnant. Head pillows only support a certain area of your body, whereas pregnancy pillows can be the most comfortable while you’re carrying a baby as it is specially designed for pregnant women.
When you’re out to buy a pregnancy pillow, these are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Identify the areas where you feel the most stress. Every pregnant woman experiences pregnancy different than others. Women may feel different kinds of discomfort or aches. Pregnancy pillows are explicitly designed in order to alleviate different kinds of stress- be that hip pressure or back support. Figure out what stress bothers you the most and then go out to find a pillow designed for you.
- Study what’s available- pregnancy pillows can be of several kinds- a full body memory foam pillow. This adjusts to the contours of the body. Then there are smaller pillows that soothe and also avert specific problems like hip, back and upper shoulder pains. Simple wedges are available- these slide underneath your growing belly. You could also fall in love with the bean-shaped pillows simply because these wrap around your mid-section.
- Seek advice- ask for advice from friends and family that have been through pregnancies. Parents are an enormous source of information. During pregnancy everyone faces different problems so their information can be seen as a helpful guide.
- Try on for size- pregnancy pillows feel different when they are held and snuggled against your body than they do when you feel them with your hands. Do not feel shy to touch, feel and caress a pregnancy pillow before buying it. This will definitely be the most important purchase you will make during pregnancy, so it is recommended that you take your time and try several options before deciding which one’s best for you.
Remember, you should get the most out of pregnancy pillows. It’s not that once the child is born you won’t use the pregnancy pillow. Instead you should try and use pregnancy pillows to support the baby while you are cradling him to sleep or nursing him.
- Lovely Baby: Bump Nest Body Pillow Review (alovelystateofmind.wordpress.com)
- !Todays Mom COOLMAX Pregnancy Pillow (todaysmomcoolmaxpregnancypilloweed.wordpress.com)
- Theraline UK Maternity and Nursing Pillows Giveaway (lifeloveandlivingwithboys.wordpress.com)
- From Sleep Apnea to RLS: How to Prevent Pregnancy Sleep Problems (infotainmentnews.net)